Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Friend, the Robin, and a Few Other Critters

I have not been on the computer much today, like I thought I would be.  I am late for the Camera Critters party, hosted by Misty Dawn, but I wanted to post photos of the robin who likes to hang around with me.  I posted some photos early on, when it first started coming around when I was gardening.  Well, it has continued to be my "friend".  There was a day in the veggie garden when I heard some rambunctious singing, and couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  Then, I looked up, and there it was, looking right at me.

These photos were taken a few days ago.  You can see the place in the chest where the bird was injured at some point in its life.




Right after I took the robin's photos, I heard a commotion and saw two squirrels in the street.  They were too far apart for a close up photo.  I'm not sure what this one was eating.


A few minutes later, there was a dove at the curb.


This evening, when Grandson and I were getting water out of the rain barrel for some plants, his mom, our daughter-in-law, saw this baby dove in the curb area, by the milkweed.  I took several photos.  It must not have been able to fly yet, as it just stayed there.  I decided I better leave it alone.


Well, by now, there are likely lots of links to blogs that have participated in Camera Critters.  Click on the button in the sidebar to see more, or join the party late, like me.

14 comments:

  1. this is much like my street is except you get more visitors

    I get the same squirrell, I call him Harry
    and the doves that sit on the phone line

    great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, that dove looks so sweet!
    And the robin looks like full-colour version of my magpie-robin. Now I know how my birds got their name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, Interesting-looking robin. I wonder how the poor thing was injured. The dove is adorable. Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bird does look like it has been injured, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wonder what happened to that poor Robin? Love the dove baby. They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky you are to have such wonderful friends come to visit :-) I do wonder what happened to that robin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue: My you had a busy trip around the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a lot of robins and mourning doves visiting us too. They are pesky in the garden though, very brazenly pecking at berries and such.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bird captures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    I really love your pictures, it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that Robin looks pretty rough! I'm glad he sees a friend in you and comes for regular visits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The goings-on around your place obviously fascinate you as much as the birds and all around here fascinate me. Who needs to go to Africa to see wildlife? Isn't it such a priveledge to look around and see birds and animals getting on with their business?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't stop wondering what could have happened to the Robin. Nice that the two of you are friends.

    Mourning Doves always seem so peaceful and I enjoy having them around.

    I haven't posted in almost a month, but am trying to visit a few of my favorite blogs.

    Happy 4th of July to you and your family.

    donna

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.