Sunday, July 25, 2010

How to Adjust the Width on the New Templates

I've enjoyed seeing which new templates people are choosing, and the ways they set them up.  I would like to have 3 columns like many do, but I can't figure a way to get my large photos centered.  I just don't think it works.

Jacqueline from Purple Chocolat Home, asked me to come tell her how I adjusted the width of my blog.  I figured others may not have found where to do it yet, either, so I will let you know.  If you have discovered any tricks or tips, please leave a comment, and if you want, a link to your blog in the comment to fill us in on what all fun things we can do.

What I did do, was go into "layout" and saw that you could adjust the width.  It's in the second column, after, "Body Layout" and "Footer Layout".  I drug the little arrow for the entire blog clear to the right, to make it the widest I could, then adjusted the right sidebar until the photos on both sides were pretty much centered.  My numbers ended up being 1,000 and 230 px.

I just went to Jacqueline's blog, and saw that she is not using a Blogger template, so I don't know if this will be helpful.  Jacqueline, maybe you can use the numbers of px to find a way to adjust yours.

8 comments:

  1. Blogger does make it confusing don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I "disturb" the setting and everything went wrong. It would really help if you start with creating a new blog and experiment it there, and so, once you get the hang of it, you can accurately change it in your treasured blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had much luck with the info from "Sneaky Momma Blog Design. http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me I am lucky, it's my sister who make the design, I have just to tell her what I want and in a few day it's ready. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me - I am not so fortunate. I struggle with blogger trying to learn. But it is through trial and error I am figuring things out. Thanks for the tips. I need more tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sneaky momma blog design is great! wonder where she got her name? anyways thanks for bringing up the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sue, I am really afraid to experiment and just go with the template as is. I like the green background on yours and your header picture. Although we use the same template, yours looks entirely different. Thanks for the tips. Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip on the formatting - I too have been experimenting - you seem to have found a good layout. claudia
    http://gardeningnaturallywithclaudia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.