Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Almost Late for Bloomin' Tuesday



Even though it has been raining a lot, I was able to get some gardening done this evening.  When I came in, I watched the season finale for Biggest Loser, so I couldn't focus on blog reading.  I did go through some photos so I could join in on Jean's Bloomin' Tuesday.

The first photos were taken the 22nd.  The peony is one of three that belonged to my mother-in-law, so they have been in the same spots for over 30 years.


I dug out these poppies a number of years ago, because they never did much.  They didn't stay pulled, and this must be their year to "blossom".





The next set were taken this evening, as it was getting dark out.  Some of the plants above being shown again.








I am now up past my bed time, so I'm going to post without labeling everything.  Tomorrow evening, I hope to put together a Wildflower Wednesday post, then do more blog reading.   That's after I come in from gardening, if it's not raining.  My prayers are with those affected by the storms and tornadoes.


13 comments:

  1. I love your big, blousy peony blossom. And that dianthus is to die for. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your colorful flowers, but especially that poppy! Those frilly dianthus are cool too. You have so many flowers blooming right now. Looking forward to your Wildflower Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love peonys. Such lovely blossums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers!

    I use the pink oenothera in my front ditch and let it spread everywhere. It is even blooming down the road from our house. I love it. I have a clump in the Kitchen Garden that may have to go though!

    I have that same poppy. I love it until it dies down and then it leaves a huge bare spot until it resprouts in late summer, early fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, the poppies are beautiful. My friend, Rita, has many of them. She just ruthlessly yanks them out each year, after they bloom and they come back the following year! She told me the roots are That Well established!

    Your mother-in-laws peonies are just beautiful.

    You were almost late for Bloomin' Tuesday, but I was a day early for Wordless Wednesday. L :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Is that the spooky dianthus I see?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, that peony brings back so many childhood memories... just lovely. and the photos of those poppies - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poppies sure catch the eye. Sounds like you need a day off...so much work. Sure is rewarding and shows in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those poppies are gorgeous, Sue. I love that clematis too. I really need to get one of those growing in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sue, those poppies are amazing. I've tried growing them from seed several times and never had any luck. The peonies are beautiful, don't they smell wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love LOVE the poppies!! My friend and daycare provider has some the same color. I was able to successfully (so far anyway) transplant one this winter. .in February if you can believe that. .when they started coming up in her yard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the peonies, poppies, clematis and that second last one, the pale mauve flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments and questions from anyone, including those who do it anonymously. Some people find my posts by doing searches, and I like hearing from them. I guess spammers won't even read this message, but I will delete spam as soon as I see it.